- What are the areas funded by the Programme?
Areas funded by the Programme include, but not limited to, 1) conducting research on museum's collection, 2) assisting the museum in planning Chinese art exhibition, and 3) receiving museum professional training in fields such as museum management, registration, conservation, education, exhibition design, information technology and etc.
- Is there any restriction regarding the applicant's age?
No, but preferences will be given to young scholars or young museum professionals.
- What is the meaning of "places outside of my habitual residence" in regard to the prospective Hosting Institution?
This means the prospective Hosting Institution should be outside of the country (or region) that the applicant usually resides in.
- Can the Fellowship duration be shorten than four months or longer than one year?
- Is this Programme an internship programme?
No. This Programme is different from an internship programme that the applicant needs to take the initiatives to propose his / her Fellowship project objectives, content and time allocation to the prospective Hosting Institution.
- Why do I need to submit a Fellowship proposal and curriculum vitae to the Programme Office, when requesting for the contact information of the prospective Hosting Institutions?
This helps the Programme Office in providing advice to you on the Fellowship project proposed.
- Can I contact more than one institution before submitting my application?
Yes. However, you are recommended to approach no more than 3 institutions to reduce the administrative workload of the institutions.
- Can I apply to go to more than one institution for Fellowship?
No. When submitting the application, you can only apply to go to one institution for the Fellowship.
- How can I better prepare for the Programme application?
You are encouraged to set goals for the Fellowship and conduct background research for the projects and on the institutions, before making the application.
- Can I apply to go to an institution, which is not on the list of Participating Institution, for Fellowship?
Yes. But for such application, you will need to request an official invitation letter issued by the institution, indicating that it is willing to be your hosting institution and provides you with the necessary support and assistance for the Fellowship. The invitation letter should be sent directly from the institution to the designated email address.
If you wish to make such application, please contact the Programme Office for further details before proceeding.
- Do I need to get a confirmation letter from the Institution before submitting the application?
No. The Participating Institution will provide its comments directly to the Programme Office.
- Other than the Application Form, what other documents should I provide with my application?
Other than the Application Form, two recommendations are required from two different referees. The referees should submit the confidential Recommendation Forms directly to the Programme Office by email and have the Forms reached the Office no later than the application deadline.
- Do I need to provide copies of academic and professional qualification transcripts when submitting the application?
No, but the Programme Office will request you to submit the supporting documents when there is a need.
- How many awards will be given each year?
There is no fixed number of awardees. The Programme Committee will select what it believes to be the most worthy applicants.
- What is the typical amount of the grant?
As the duration and destination of each Fellowship varies, the amount of the grant will be varied on a case by case basis.
- Which areas does the grant cover?
The Fellowship grant covers a round-trip airfare, visa application fee, the medical insurance and a modest allowance for accommodation and living expense for the Fellowship duration. Should there are other needs, additional subsidies will be provided to the Fellow or the Participating Institution on a case by case basis.